One of the hardest things to hold onto and maintain on a daily basis is to feel good about yourself. As we know, we all have our share of negativity that we just fight through daily….but I do have a few suggestions that may help you sustain those happier moments…..
1) Let in the contributions you make to your family, friends and community. It’s so easy to forget the differences we make in our own little ways to people’s lives.
2) Hold on to your uniqueness. There is only one of you, not ten, not fifty….one. What you can contribute to make this world a better place can sometimes only be made by you.
3) Embrace the positive. Breathe it in…..you can never have enough of the fuel that dreams are made of.
4) Practice giving Love. It’s good for your Soul. Not only does it make you feel productive, but it justifies to yourself your reason for being. In life we can throw tons of money at a problem, when sometimes all it takes is Love.
5) You are not perfect. Don’t try to be, because it is a losing battle. Yes we can make improvements to ourselves, but as the saying goes, “There are reasons why there are erasers on pencils.”
6) If you are blessed, give thanks and be humble. There is always somebody else less fortunate than you. Life can be hard at times, but it’s important to count our blessings, and embrace what we have.
7) And last, but not least, feeling good about yourself is something that must be practiced…it’s so easy to slip into the negative and spiral down. After awhile things do start to become clearer if you give yourself those moments to relax and feel good about yourself and your life.
Life is not easy….but how many times do we find ourselves hanging on a fence where the choice of the direction we go is decided by us. It’s all a state of mind. I believe God is there to help us….but it is a partnership of learning the best choices to make. In life, Free Will prevails for a reason. Feeling Good helps us see the Past, savor the Present, and look forward to the Future.
Â© 1999 Jennifer Avalon